How to run filter pipes behind the 3D background?
- The difference between 3d Thin rock and 3D Rock
- How to install 3d aquarium background in your fish tank?
- Photo Galleries of Aquariums
- How to setup 3D background inside Juwel Rio 400 and hide filter pipes - Video Tutorial
- How to setup African Cichlids Aquarium - video by Marc
- Affiliate Program for Fish Keepers - recommend our products and earn
Our backgrounds are 3D, they are not flat on the back and there is plenty of room behind the background to install heater and run filter pipes. It’s important to install the filter inlet pipe end in front of the background close to the bottom, so all the debris is sucked in. You can run the pipe behind the background and under the gravel/sand, so only the tip of inlet pipe is visible. See this image below.
The outlet pipe should be located somewhere at the top of the background in the corner. If you install heater behind the background and you have a large aquarium it’s good to install additional power head or small internal filter next to the heater, so the warm water is pushed out from behind. This way your aquarium water temperature should be the same in whole aquarium